To learn ornamentation and decoration tricks.
- Place: Cultural Center “Slėnis”, Kaunas
- Data: July 17 – 29, 2009
- Age: 15 – 18 years old
- Participants: 20 schoolgirls: 10 of them from Lithuania, the others from Spain
- Financial support: 6.137 €
Topic: cultural heritage in the housing and interior decoration as art.
- To get to know the cultural heritage of two European countries, Lithuania and Spain mostly in housing and interior decoration as art
- To introduce other s to one’s country and its traditions in housing, building and architecture in general
- To learn ornamentation and decoration tricks
- To discover how folk art and culture is reflected in houses and homes
- To find out and how housing differs in the countries of origin of the other youth participants.
- To create an atmosphere and environment where guests feel cozy and welcome.
The project proved that:
- Youth do care for their countries.
- Youth is interested in home-making and housing interior decoration, floristic works, national and international cuisine.
- Youth feels and shows respect to one another and want to find common interests and goals, cooperate with people of other races, cultures and idiosyncrasy(there were some participants whose parents emigrated to Spain coming from Mexico, England, and Nigeria).
- Youth cares for their home and housing conditions and are ready to help renovating their houses and their neighbors with decoration details that make a house cozier.
- Youth is able to understand that by being united European citizens and sharing their cultural treasures everyone grows in awareness and appreciation of each other’s culture.