- Place: Kretingos Jurgio Pabrėžos Gymnasium, Kretinga
- Age: 15–18 year old
- Exchange dates: 15-29, July, 2010
- Project duration:
- Participants: 20 schoolgirls (10 from Lithuania, others from Spain)
- Partners: Associació cultural i social Cantil (Spain), Kulturas un izglitibas biedriba (Latvia)
- Financing: 8.948 € from UE
- To let the youth of two countries, Lithuania and Spain, experience poverty through practical actions, so that they might understand the reasons and consequences of poverty.
- To find means for the reduction of poverty at a personal, one by one or small group (family, neighbourhood and so on) level.
During the project young people were visiting families, lonely and poor old people from the area of Kretinga, and could see and what type of difficulties they encounter.
During the project, through different non-formal education methods like presentations, discussion groups, interactive workshops, teamwork and games, the young people had the opportunity of forming work habits, like work planning and organization, resolution of problems and decision making, time planning, interactive communication and team work habits. They learned that it was possible to contribute to the well-being and development of society through their responsible work.