- Place:” Slėnis” Cultural center, Žemaičių 75 A, Kaunas
- Age: 15-25 year olds
- Dates: from January 1st to December 31st, 2014
- Participants: 54 schoolgirls and students
- Financial support: 5000 USD from Foundation for Social and Cultural Advancement
The women during the project were taught to find out more about civic and women´s rights.
To achieve this goal different activities were organized:
- Meetings with experts to help them reflect on the role of women in society. The sessions took place at Kaunas in January “Differences between Men’s and Women’s Brains”, April “What Does It Mean to Respect Yourself?”, “How Can I Demonstrate My Love?”, May “The Theology of the Body”, “John Paul II’s New Vision of Human Sexuality”,”Marriage and Family Life” and in November “Good Preparation For Public Speeches”. An international meeting was also organized in Madrid to discuss the role of woman in society. In October this cycle was planned with a session about the right of a woman to education.
- Interactive workshops on leadership and social responsibility in Kaunas and Klaipeda. The sessions took place in March, April and May. The participants included students from different cities. In June the students participated as instructors in a camp for high school students about leadership. It was an opportunity to apply the knowledge acquired.
- Learning workshops helped the students to delve into different topics in an active way. During the workshops the students consistently worked in teams and with great responsibility. The workshops were held in the months of January “Sharing Happiness”, February “A Guide to Indian Cooking”, November film discussion: “Moscati: The Doctor of the Poor“, and “Preparation of students that participate in the UNIV Congress in Rome”; and in December,”To Give a Surprise to the Family for Christmas”.
With the development of this project, we achieved the following results:
Group I: Girls 15-18 year olds
Group II: Young women aged 18-25